COASTAL PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
RE: PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED TO MARCH 2009
Dear Coastal Property Owners Association of Santa Cruz County Member:
I am pleased to report that the December 10, 2008 California Coastal Commission hearing on “Santa Cruz County IP Amendment: Net Site Area” (ITEM W10g) has now been continued from the presently scheduled hearing date in San Francisco, to a date to be determined in March 2009, in Monterey.
This additional time will give property owner groups and or individual property owners additional time to work with the county in hopes of lessening the impact of the ordinance amendment against coastal property owners or even withdrawing the amendment.
Your concerns to the county should be forwarded to:
Tom Burns, Planning Director firstname.lastname@example.org (831-454-2580) and
Glenda Hill, Principal Planner email@example.com (831-454-3216)
You may want to state that:
1) You object to the ordinance amendment
2) The ordinance amendment is a one size fits all approach that does not adequately address the unique coastal neighborhoods of Santa Cruz County
3) Does not preserve our housing stock
4) Discourages or prevents remodeling which would improve our housing quality and safety
5) Does not provide a solution (grandfathering clause) allowing for rebuilding homes that are lost to fire or other natural disasters
6) Is not supported by neighborhood public meetings
Please keep in mind that this amendment was originally supported by a small group of inland homeowners. A showing of concern by coastal property owners is needed to add a fair balance to the amendment.
Coastal Property Owners Association of Santa Cruz County