SANTA CRUZ COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
COUNTY OF SANTA CRUZ
P L A N N I N G C O M M I S S I O N A G E N D A
701 Ocean Street
Santa Cruz, CA
Phone (831) 454-2580
*Special Meeting Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2010 9:00AM
Board of Supervisors Chambers
County Government Center
701 Ocean Street, Room 525
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
The meeting starts at 9:00 a.m. with the first item and proceeds through the items in consecutive order unless otherwise noted. Staff reports on permit applications are available for review or purchase one week before the hearing by calling 454-3132 or free on the web at www.sccoplanning.com under the Agendas link. All items are subject to continuance. No notices of continued or rescheduled hearing dates are mailed. Please contact the project planner for further information on specific applications.
1. Roll Call
2. Planning Director’s Report
3. County Counsel Report
4. Additions and Corrections to Agenda
5. Report on Upcoming Meeting Dates and Agendas
6. Oral Communications ““ Planning Commission will hear brief (5-minute maximum) statements regarding items not on this agenda.
7. Declaration of Ex Parte Communications
8. Approval of minutes
To approve the minutes of the November 10, 2010 Planning Commission meeting as submitted by the Planning Department.
9. Public hearing to consider an ordinance adding sections to Chapter 13.10 of the Santa Cruz County Code and adding a definition in subdivision 13.10.700-V of the Santa Cruz County Code relating to vacation rentals. Chapter 13.10 is a coastal implementing ordinance. (Continued from November 10, 2010.)
Applicant: Santa Cruz County
Supervisorial District: County Wide
Project Planner: Steve Guiney, 454-3182
Denial or approval of any permit by the Planning Commission is appealable to the Board of Supervisors. The appeal must be filed with the required appeal fee within 14 calendar days of action by the Planning Commission. To file an appeal you must write a letter to the Board of Supervisors and include the appeal fee. For more information on appeals, please see the “Planning Appeals” brochure located in the Planning Department lobby, or contact the project planner.
Note regarding Public hearing items: If any person challenges an action taken on the foregoing matter(s) in court, they may be limited to raising only those issues raised at the public hearing described in this notice or in written correspondence delivered to the Planning Commission at or prior to the public hearing.
Agenda documents may be reviewed at the Planning Department, Fourth Floor, County Government Center, 701 Ocean Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060.